Sunday, 22 February 2015

After dusting off the sewing machine

This is what I achieved.

The Goodness and Grace, part three of Shepherd's fold, was made into it's pin cushion.  This is rather large, and as you can see, almost fills the box!

Here it is from a different angle.

In my last post I said that I was about to start part four of the fold.  This was a needle book.  Whilst I like the design I'm not too happy with the finishing which could have been made easier if they had supplied more of the spotty fabric that lined the needle book.  There was only just enough fabric and not enough to make the spots on the fabric square with the edges of the book.

Here is the front.

And the inside.

There will be a round up picture of this project so far at the end.

Last week on the rotation was The Drawn Thread.  I finished Easter Eggs and, whilst the machine was up, made it into a bell pull.  B My Valentine, stitched last year, also got the same treatment.
Here is B My Valentine
Having finished these I still had a few days left on the rotation, remember it has been half term here so I have had a week off, so I started and finished Autumn Jumble, also from The Drawn Thread.
This, like the others, came kitted up from my LNS and was stitched on 34ct Café au Lait Legacy linen using the recommended silk floss.
 Here it is framed and 'staged'.
By this time I was 'jumbled out' and started the next project on the rotation a little early.  It's back to a Lizzie*Kate project. as spring is hopefully just around the corner I have shelved their Halloween project for this month and have started something a little more seasonal which will also require the sewing machine in order to be fully finished.  More about this next time.
As promised I will leave you with the parts of the Shepherd's Fold completed so far, and my TUSAL offering for this month, only two days late!
Happy Stitching!

Tuesday, 10 February 2015

A day later than originally intended

So about this time yesterday I began sorting out my photos for this post. I had even ironed some of the projects as I was fed up of posting pictures of crumpled stitching.  Then there was this very loud, metallic sounding, crunching noise from the kitchen.  The cat was hiding under the table looking at the washing machine which was no longer working and had that burnt out smell about it.  To cut a long story short  the washing machine had packed in with a full load of bedding inside it. The rest of the evening was spent draining that down and sourcing a new washing machine which arrives on Friday.

So three weeks have passed by since my last post.  I was beginning my Drawn Thread week.  I was pleased with my progress on Easter Eggs.

The following week it was the turn of a Halloween project.  I managed to get Part 3 of Very Scary by Lizzie*Kate completed.  The fabric is actually a greenish colour not the grey that it appears to be on this photo.

The completion of this saw the rotation start again and it begins with a Just Nan project.  As I think I've mentioned before the Just Dropping In series from last year are a quick stitch.  I managed to complete #2 Bunny Shower.

This is stitched on 32ct lilac Belfast linen with  the recommended DMC floss.

This week it is back to Shepherd's Bush. Being honest, When I finished Bunny Shower I still had two days of my Just Nan week left so instead of carrying on with Hoppington Hill I worked on Safely Gathered from Shepherd's Bush.

This came as a kit and is stitched on 32ct Sandstone linen.  The sheep was an impulse purchase from my local shopping emporium (I also bought the mum and another little sheep).

The reason for starting Shepherd's Bush week early was that the next part of the fold has arrived and I want to finish the stitching of that before next week, which is half term and an opportunity to get the sewing machine out and do some serious finishing of projects that need more than hand sewing!

Another post in just over a week, if I have anything to show.

Happy stitching!