Wednesday 14 April 2010

TUSAL and two finishes!

Firstly here is this month's picture of my ort flask. As you can see it was enjoying the sunshine amongst the spring flowers in the garden.


Last week on the rotation it was the turn of Barnabee's Quest. It's finished! I've started to make this into a bell pull but still have a little way to go before it is finally finished.

Barnabee's Quest
This is an out of focus photo of the whole thing.

Barnabee's Quest
Having had such fun with The Crazy Carrot, last post, my Mum gave me another Secret Needle Night project to do. I think this one is called 'The Haunted Hideaway on 13th Avenue'. I stitched it as charted but added a glow-in-the-dark ghost in the window and by the fence. The ghost is based on the one from Just Nan's Fraidy Frog. I also gave the cat green glow-in-the dark French knot eyes. I'm probably going to finish this as a cushion cover, but then again can a girl have too many bags?



This week on the rotation it should be The Green Santa. As yet not a stitch has gone into him. Maybe I will be able to report some progress in my next post!

Happy stitching!

6 comments:

grannyanne said...

Great finishes as always. Love the house.

Jules said...

Very cool progress pics! I would love to see the ghosts and eyes actually glowing. I wonder if it is even possible to get a picture of it?! Hmmm...

Thanks for sharing!

Carolyn NC said...

BQ looks awesome and I love the glowing ghosts and cat's eyes. Cool touch.

Mel said...

Both finishes are so lovely.
The cat looks great!

Unknown said...

Love the finishes...and the ort flask is awesome!

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Justflo said...

Lovely finishes. Like your special touches with your Haunted House.
Looking forward to seeing the finished Bell Pull.

Come on Get those stitches into poor old Green Santa.

Happy Stitching to you Jen.