Thursday 20 September 2012

Three weeks later

It's been three weeks since my last post, three weeks back at work, which probably explains my lack of posting and my lack of progress. Don't get me wrong, I have made some progress but I was expecting a little more. Hopefully things will settle down at work and I wont need to be coming home and working until nine o'clock for much longer. Anyway, here is the latest White Nights progress pick.


So, what is left to do on this section? The Algerian Eyelets on the left followed by some gold backstitch around them, eight gold cross stitches and then, the beading, probably two good quality evenings worth.  Then it's the big roll up!  When this happens I will take a photo of the whole project so far. Mind you, given the quality of my photographs of late, well, what can I say? You might be able to make something out.

Someone who does take fantastic photos is Maisie Moonshine.  If you are interested in stuff other than stitching pop over to her blog.  Here is a photo of her latest project, I want one!


and a close up.


I'm off to make the most of a school free evening.

Happy stitching!


4 comments:

Justflo said...

Progress is definitely progress. It looks so fantastic. Looking forward to the 'Grand Roll-up'. How long have you been doing this one? I know it's a while but well worth all the effort. I'm wondering what will be your next 'Grand Project' ?

P.S. Been to Maisie Moonshines. Some gorgeous things on there. Wish I had the patience to complete those intricate items. Still maybe one day!!!

Carolyn said...

Oh my gosh, this is GORGEOUS!!! I have read all the posts about your progress with this piece! I am currently stitching two patterns for my daughter who visited Russia this year (during White Nights, too) but they're nothing like this! (I had such a struggle finding any patterns for Russia... I'm kinda glad I didn't come across this one because I couldn't complete it by Christmas. LOL) I cannot wait to see this finished!

Maisie Moonshine said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog - I have just posted a sweet new project - sorry I can't give you a link I'm commenting from my phone and haven't got the url. White Nights is coming on beautifully.

Bekca said...

Don't work too hard Jen! :) You've made wonderful progress on White Nights, it really is looking stunning.
I just read your previous post too and your honeymoon looked like a wonderful trip. It's something different to a beach honeymoon and I think it's a great idea :)
Best wishes.