Sunday 25 October 2009

Spooky finishes!

This weekend I've managed TWO spooky finishes!
Here is Horrid Halloween.

Horrid Halloween
Here is is before finishing.


As mentioned in my last post I changed some of the colours for Glow in the Dark ones. This was a really fun stitch. You can order the chart from Faby Reilly Designs here.

It is my sister's birthday today so yesterday I set about stitching this biscornu based on the Boo needle book from Just Nan.

Boo Biscornu
I finished this one this morning. I also did some domestic stuff between the stitches and, yes the needle was glowing by the time I was done! Unfortunately, what with postal strikes and things over here, my sister will not get this in time for Halloween Sorry Sis, but your prezzie does look good in my Halloween display!

With all this biscornu stitching Open House has not had a look in since Thursday evening. Here is the progress to date.

Open House
This Halloween stitching sure is fun! Off to wave my magic wand around the house. OK, reality check, it's a duster!

Happy stitching!

9 comments:

Daffycat said...

Beautiful finish, Jen. I love it!

Wow, I've never even thought about using a mirror to photograph biscornus. VERY CLEVER!

Shebafudge said...

Gorgeous biscornus. Congratulations. I thought it was a really clever idea to photograph the biscornu on a mirror too. One of those why didn't I think of that ideas!!

Love your blog. See you again soon!

Sea said...

I love the biscornus...makes me want to make one..am still musing on what to give Mum for her birthday, it's Tuesday, but she's currently in France, so I have a while to sort something out.

Maisie Moonshine said...

I think you're using the postal strike as a feeble excuse to keep this gorgeous gift for yourself! Shame on you! But thanks, it's lovely, can't wait to eventually get it - Christmas maybe?

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely finishes.

Justflo said...

Lovely finishes Jen. The biscornus are great. Your Open House is coming along too. Glad it's a duster and not a broom!!!!
Happy stitching to you.

Mel said...

Great halloween finishes! Love them.

Carolyn NC said...

Great finishes! Nice progress on your WIP, too. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations.. very beautiful
Pat