Sunday 7 February 2010

Just my luck or MW almost there

This weekend I've been on a roll with Mary Wigham. I managed to stitch her on Friday evening and today, Sunday, as usual. But, just my luck, I've run out of floss with less than one medallion to go!


I also seem to have made a bit of an error with the counting, probably because I have altered so many of the medallions to make them symmetrical, and I cannot fit in the two flower motifs that go in the top to middle right hand side. Oh well, I like it as it is. Anyhow fingers crossed that this will be finished next weekend.

I've made a little more progress on Barnabee's Quest since my last post but again Parent's Evening at work took out a whole evening's stitching time.

Barnabee's Quest
This piece is only about 3 1/2" wide and, unlike most of the Just Nan stuff I have done previously, contains a number of speciality stitches. Despite the accident last week this has been fun to do so far.

So with Mart Wigham coming to a grinding halt what do I stitch this evening? Firstly, White Nights needs to be rolled up on it's frame in preparation for next week's stitching. Then it's a toss up between continuing with Barnabee's Quest, the Hootzi Humbug or the Shepherd's Bush scissor fob that I started at New Year. Decisions, decisions.

Simply Spring and Simply Snowdays came back from the framers. The bespoke frame for Simply Snowdays is fantastic.

Simply Spring


Simply Snowdays
Happy Stitching

9 comments:

Barbi said...

Those frames are FANTASTIC!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely frames. Can't wait for your happy dance.

Pauline said...

MW looks fabulous! I really need to get sttiching again on her.

And those frames- simply gorgeous!!

Sea said...

Tiz a "downer" when you run out of thread, and don't have any...anywhere in your "stash".
I found Tandem Cottage are very quick.
Love the frames.

Annie Bee said...

Those frames are gorgeous. I love the colours of Mary Wigham.

Justflo said...

Shame about MW, I'm sure you'll soon have her finished. Love the two framed pieces they must give you a really good feeling to see them look so fantastic

grannyanne said...

Framed sewing looks great. Pity about the thread but at least you had the chance to work on some of your smaller items. Looking forward to seeing the humbug finished.

Carolyn NC said...

Love the framed pieces! MW is almost done and sooo pretty! Nice progress on all.

Lisa said...

MW looks wonderful...so sorry to hear that lack of thread halted the speedy stitching. Simply Snowdays and Spring look wonderful in their frames. Those are really cute!
Take care!
Lisa