Thursday 1 September 2011

Otherwise engaged!

Quite a lot has happened in the two weeks since my last post.  On Thursday 18 August the plan was to go into school for A Level results day and then travel over to my boyfriend's in the afternoon. His Mum was coming down from Scotland on the Friday for the weekend and we had planned a surprise trip on a steam hauled train from Leeds to Carlilse over the famous Settle to Carlisle Railway on the Saturday. His Mum was due to travel back on the Tuesday and I would come home as I needed to be in school for GCSE results on Thursday and Friday.  As I said, that was the plan.  Everything did go according to it apart from the fact that I did not come home on the Tuesday because on the Wednesday my boyfriend took the day off work and we went shopping in York for this:


On the Thursday evening, in one of our favourite restaurants, he proposed!

Now it so turns out on that Thursday I started a new stitching project which I managed to finish before the shopping trip. I was Just Nan's 'Tulip Bunny' WhimZi.


This was stitched on 32ct lambswool Permin linen with the recommended DMC floss. All it needs is a frame and a suitable place in the house as a memento of  a special weekend!

On finishing in school on the Friday I drove to The Railway for the Bank Holiday weekend.  We had a busy two days. I was guard on one of the trains on Saturday and on Sunday was 'promoted' to level crossing gate keeper!


As a reward for opening and closing these metal gates over forty times during the day I was given a the chance to be a bus conductor on one of the many vintage buses that were on display this weekend for The Railway's Classic Transport Weekend.


That was Sunday.  In the evening we went to my Mum and Dad's as we were taking them out for a meal as a thank you for our holiday in Belgium, well that's what we told them, and it was half true. The meal became a double celebration as my boyfriend asked my Dad for permission to marry me whilst my Mum  and I were out of the room. Well I think that's what happened as neither my boyfriend or my Dad can actually remember what was said!

The last few days have been a bit of a whirlwind trying to find a suitable venue fro the marriage ceremony and for the reception. Fingers crossed this is all  now in place and we are looking at a Easter wedding.

What with all this going on there has been very little stitching. These are some progress pics. Firstly Warm Water Wash.



I also started what I thought would be a quick stitch Mill Hill's Halloween Night. These projects usually take about a week but like I've said I have been otherwise engaged!


19 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations to you both. Lovely news.

Shebafudge said...

Lovely stitching!

But a BIG CONGRATuLATIONS on your fantastic news!! I take it your mum and dad were both pleased? So nice to hear some good news for once. Make time to enjoy your engagement as well as lots of planning!! I hope you will both be really happy together. x

Cath said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

May you have a long and happy marriage . Good Luck with all the plans too.X

Ruth said...

Congrats on getting such an exciting treat --- I mean it's not everyone who gets to guard the tracks AND drive an antique bus.
....
....
....
....
....
....

Oh yeah, CONGRATULATIONS on that sparkly thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Here's to peace, happiness, and years of stitching anniversay samplers.

valerie said...

Congratulations on your engagement!

Branlaadee said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Elizabeth Clark said...

Congrats and here's to many happy years together.

Anna van Schurman said...

All best wishes for many happy years together!

Hippywitch said...

Congratulations on the happy news :-) Oh and I love the stitching too by the way!

LisaG said...

Yay.... many congratulations Jen xx

Justflo said...

Gorgeous stitching as always. Like the Mill Hill one.

By the way about the other matter of which you blogged..... NICE ONE.......

All happiness to you both.

grannyanne said...

Lovely news. I wish you a long and happy life together. There will still be time for stitching.

mdgtjulie said...

I'm a romantic at heart, so squee for you!!! I'm so happy for you! I hope you have many years of absolute bliss!! You'll have to do a Wedding Sampler. Have you started picking one out yet? I'm so glad you got to do everything you wanted over the weekend. I'll bet you had a great time opening and closing gates, lol. But the reward was worth it!

Bekca said...

Congratulations! I'm so very pleased for you, and by the way, that sure is a beautiful ring. Lovely stitching too and I look forward to hearing about the upcoming wedding :) Best wishes.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations Jen. That is wonderful news.

Blu said...

Congratulations and best wishes~

CalamityJr said...

What a whirlwind weekend you had, but oh, how exciting! Best wishes you you both!

sarams1987a said...

verry nics work have you, i follow your blog

Mvg Sarah

Faby said...

Oh congratulations, Jen !!! I'm so happy for you both !!!