Monday 25 February 2013

A winter finish and a spring start

A winter finish and a spring start was the title I chose for my post last Monday. What post last Monday? Last Monday was half term week and I spent it away from home, so I decided to post from the iPad. Having downloaded the app, composed the post, I then tried to add the photos and that is where it all went wrong, so after a couple of attempts I gave up!

My winter finish was the Winter Arbor from the Drawn Thread.


This project came as a kit and was stitched on 32ct 'Smokey Pearl' Belfast Linen and was stitched with  NPI silk.

My spring start, which became a finish, was Just Nan's Lady Scarlet's Scissor Roll.



Here are a few close ups.



This was stitched with the recommended floss (DMC) on 32ct 'Limestone' Belfast Linen. I'm hoping to  make it into the scissor roll at the weekend.

As we did a lot of travelling over half term I was able to make more progress on Hand Wash Only.


This week it's back to the tree skirt, back stitching, beading and couching!

Happy stitching!

8 comments:

Kay said...

Busy lady. I haven't seen the Handwash Only before, I have a sheep loving friend that this will be perfect for.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the Winter Arbour design, I've seen them online but this is even more tempting seeing it stitched.
Big fan of Just Nan too.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love all the stitching! So beautiful!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous finishes!!! Love them all

Carolyn NC said...

Love these - DT is one of my favs and this scissor roll is adorable!

Bekca said...

Your Just Nan design is beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished tree skirt in all its glory :)
Best wishes.

Justflo said...

Great finishes. T is lovely. looking forward to seeing the pic of the finished keep.
Your hand wash is coming along, all the travel seems to help.!!

Not the Tree Skirt Yippee It'll soon be all finished....Is it WATCH THIS SPACE ??

erisraven said...

Any chance you'd be willing to sell that Lady Scarlet Scissor Roll pattern? I missed it and can't find one now.... :(