Wednesday 16 December 2009

Totally Useless SAL at Christmas

Those of you who follow this blog on a regular basis will know that I am a member of Yoyo's Totally Useless SAL (TUSAL)and, yes, I have signed up for 2010. Throughout the year I have tried to take pictures of my ort jar, a large volumetric flask rescued from a dark cupboard at the back of a science lab in school, in some unusual positions/places. Well for this month's photo it was obvious. The ort jar could be the star on top of the Christmas tree! But, alas, try though I did, it's too big and too heavy. Rather than risk a smashed flask, which I have to say has been very useful, in that I no longer clog up the Dyson with bits of thread, this month's photo is of the flask beside the tree.


The question now to be answered is do I stick with the same jar for 2010 or try and find another one as interesting in shape? Answers on a postcard please....


4 comments:

Branlaadee said...

I've been wondering the same thing myself! I think I'll leave it to fate. If I find a wonderful new jar before the next TUSAL date, I'll use it. If not, I'll keep this jar. It did a wonderful job this year.

Justflo said...

If you use the same jar you could do a month by month comparison for you ORT jar's diary.
It may get very sad if you return it to the dark and dreary cupboard in the science lab!
Oh! Decisions , decisions where would we be without them? (DONT answer that)

grannyanne said...

I love the shape of this jar. I would stick with it if I were you. Less bother as well

Jules said...

I plan to continue with mine until it is so full that I can't possibly stuff anymore into it (I did get a rather later start afterall). I do have a backup for when that happens.