Monday 23 January 2012

Next up is the hardanger!

I was pleased with my progress on White Nights last week. With three late-ish evenings at work and two nights of wedding stuff sorting This was my progress after two evenings stitching.


Over the weekend I was able to do a little more on my Heirloom Wedding Sampler but I noticed, when I had completed the first row Algerian Eyelets, (the second to last row on the photograph) that I had counted wrongly and was one thread out.  Where was the mistake? On the previous row so yesterday afternoon there was a major attack of the frogs as I had to unpick most of the weekend's work. Anyway, I managed to stitch it all back up and some more last night.


The next part is the big Hardanger section.  I am still yet to decide what to do on this, my fourth and final rotation week, so for now I am carrying on with this.  Mind you stitching with white on white is hard work and quite often I have to use the magnifier so I might intersperse the sampler with White Nights.  The again I might be tempted to start this.


It's the Finery of Nature, part of the Gold Collection by Dimensions. I have had this in the stash for years and was reminded of this kit when I saw that Daffycat has started it over on her blog. Anyway I haven't decided what to do but it is here on the sofa trying to tempt me!


Happy stitching!

6 comments:

Rahenna said...

Nice progress on everything! I love the white on white even though it must be tough to stitch. :)

The kit is lovely, I've had it in my stash for a while too, but I've never stitched on black before. Maybe it's time to change that. :)

Diane (di) said...

Oh my goodness Jen. White Nights is stunning (love the fabric you chose) and your stitching on HWS is beautiful.

grannyanne said...

Great progress on WN. Can see why you are tempted by Finery of Nature. Brest of luck with the hardanger.

Shirlee said...

The projects are all gorgeous! Blessings, Shirlee

Justflo said...

Your White Nights is beautiful.
Glad you sorted your Wedding Sampler, I suppose stitching whit on white is very hard. nev er tried it myself. Have stitched on Black though and that is hard,
Your 'maybe start' piece Looks very different to the ones you have stitched recently so it may be and excellent choice.
Enjoy making your mind up.

ps Hope all the Wedding Plans are going well.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Just returning the following.
I love your white on white and Congratulations on the forthcoming wedding.
I was planning on stitching TW's Wedding Sampler for my own wedding but my cousin's wife made us a lovely sampler so I didn't need to! Maybe I'll stitch it for our Silver Anniversary instead (it'll take that long!!)