Sunday 8 January 2012

Thursday's post on Sunday!

So, totally forgotten by me was that I had to attend a presentation evening at school on Thursday evening, hence, no post and no stitching.  The rest of the week was not as bad for stitching.  At Christmas I my Mum gave my sister and me a Kreinik Stitch-A-Pen kit. Mine was Silver Snowflakes. Here it is stitched up.


And here it is inside the pen.


Before Christmas I bought a copy of Cross Stitcher magazine because I liked the cover kit which was some cross stitch gift tags. I have stitched four out of six of them.


I changed the Aida in the kit for 28cout antique white linen which made doing the fractional stitches easier.  This week was Christmas week on the rotation so as well as finishing of these gift tags, which I will use as tree decorations, I managed to put a few stitches into Mill Hill's Buttons and Beads Winter Series, Joy to the World.


To be truthful the Heirloom Wedding Sampler has had quite a lot of time spent on it tis week, well I am working to a deadline.  Here are the latest progress pics.


I changed the type of letter and the colour from that suggested on the chart.


I'm really enjoying doing this project. There are only two, maybe three more rows to do before the Hardanger section at the bottom. The embellished heart is the next thing to do at the top but that will be the last thing I do as I don't want the stitching to get squashed in the scroll bars.  This week its back to White Nights.

Happy stitching!


5 comments:

Shebafudge said...

Oh wow! How cool is that pen? I've never seen those before. It's amazing! Congratulations on such a brilliant finish.

Happy stitchig! x

Jules said...

I have seen those pen kits before. Very nice!

I love the tags you stitched. I just wish we got those magazines on this side of the pond a bit sooner. The Christmas issue should be just coming to our stores this month sometime. Always a month later. Oh well, at least I have something to look forward to, lol!

grannyanne said...

Love the stitching. Looking forward to seeing WN next week.

Mel said...

The pen is so clever!!
I may have to try that out. Just love it.

Ugh, hardanger. The sampler is looking just gorgeous. love it. :)

Justflo said...

What lovely gifts. Gorgeous stitching. Looking forward to seeing more......