Monday 30 January 2012

A romantic theme!

Last week I managed to achieve my aim with the Heirloom Wedding Sampler.  All of the Kloster blocks and other foundation work for the Hardanger section was completed by the end of Wednesday evening.


So what was I to do? I didn't want to do any more on this because, as I've mentioned before, stitching with white on white is hard work.  I had a late evening in school on Thursday and on Friday I was off across The Pennines to stay with my fiancee for the weekend.  So, like you do, I started something new!


As you can see I also finished it. This is the Potpourri Heart from The Sweetheart Tree.  This came in kit form and is stitched with DMC floss on 32ct opalescent raw linen.  The actual design is less than 4" x 4" and is really delicate. I might splash out and get this one framed professionally.

The reason for braving what turned out to be a horrendous journey on Friday evening, there was so much snow on one stretch of the M62 that they closed it, too late for me I was already trying, with difficulty to get through that bad section, was to go to York to pick up our wedding rings from the jeweller.


No prizes for guessing which one will belong to me!  This is the photo I like.



I'm sure there's something symbolic about it.

Back to Christmas stitching this week, fingers crossed Joy to the World will be finished, if not then nearly.

Happy stitching!

4 comments:

Shebafudge said...

Congratulations on finishing the kloster blocks. I love the pic of the rings. x

Justflo said...

beautiful stitching Jen. Love the Sweet heart Tree Heart,

Your Wedding Sampler is looking lovely.

Haven't you got tiny fingers?

Wedding Day getting closer count down will begin soon..........

grannyanne said...

Kloster blocks look great now to the scary bit cutting the threads! Sweetheart Tree looks great. Best of luck with Joy to the World.

Brigitte said...

It certainly is hard work to stitch with white on white, but it looks gorgeous.
Congratulations on this sweet little finish.