This weekend I managed to finish the Frog Biscornu.
This was done as charted. The beads for the centre were raided from my Mum's stash and Mill Hill petite glass beads #42042 were used along the seam. The frog charm was also from my Mum's stash, she had a bag full!
This was the progress made on The Summer Arbor, The Drawn Thread, by the end of stitching on Friday.
I did not make as much progress as I had hoped as I did ALL of the second tree in the wrong colour, more frogs!
On Sunday I stitched on Mary Wigham. I am intending to do most of the sampler in Caron Wildflowers, Blueberry. However, I thought this might make the whole thing too dark so I decided to use Azure Skies and/or Blue Lagoon from the same range. The top motif is done in Blue Lagoon. I like the colours but the changes are not as subtle as in the Blueberry and I don't know if it's too much. So I am not going to finish this motif but do the next one or two in Blueberry. Deep down I think this motif might also get frogged but I will wait and see how it looks when I have done some more.
Here are two more re charted motifs for those who would like their motifs to be symmetrical, but remember I may have made mistakes too!
Firstly Part 1/2 motif charted in DMC 3052
Secondly Part 2 motif charted in DMC3768 (corrected 23/8/09)
(Added later) Small motif charted in DMC 225. This one can be moved two stitches over to the right from the charted version.
This week sees the return of the Pale Blue Santa, more frogging required before I can start that one, click here to see where I got up to last time.
Now I'm off to mow the lawn. A process which sends the frogs that live in my garden jumping into the pond, where they truly belong!
The Sweetest TUSAL of Them All
4 hours ago