Sunday 21 March 2010

A finish and frogs!

Yesterday I finished Open House!

Open House
This was stitched as charted with DMC floss on28ct lilac cashel linen. The buttons are from Just Another Button Company and are the ones suggested. The only button I've missed off is a pumpkin one which covers the stitched pumpkin by the steps. I have the companion piece to this, called Three Gables but I will not be starting it until the summer. Here is what it will look like. I will be doing mine on the lilac linen.

Three Gables
My next spooky stitching project is going to be this.

Witches Riding By
This piece is called Witches Riding By and is from Lavender Wings, it was a Christmas present from 'The Other Half'. It is stitched on 36ct linen using two strands of floss. I've not stitched on this count before. Will two strands make the work look bulky? Two strands have to be used as some of the colours are blends. So do I go with the 36ct or change to something bigger? Any advice would be appreciated.

I thought I would give you an update on my UFO. Michael Powell's Tuscan Gardens ll.

Tuscan Gardens
The backstitch really does make a difference. Next week it's back to the Green Santa. However, I know some evenings are going to be taken up with school stuff as it is the last week of term so I'm not expecting to get as much stitching in as normal.

Finally, spring has arrived and the pond is full of frolicking frogs!



13 comments:

Blu said...

Congrats! Open House looks great! Are those skeletal feet by the steps? The details are really cute!

Witches Riding is gorgeous! I've never seen that pattern before. Looking forward to seeing it.

I've never stitched in 36ct over 2, but the count is the same as 18ct aida, which I have stitched on. It comes out looking very full and thick. Trying to fit a random confetti is a bit of a problem. If the finished piece wouldn't be too big I'd switch to a 32ct. Hope that helps~

*Cornelia* said...

congratulations love those house
great patterns, love your blog

Jules said...

And here I thought you were going to talk about frogs in your stitching! I love, love, love the last picture!!!! Look at those bubbles. I miss my mommy's pond with the froggies. hehehe

Congrats on the finish! Tuscan II is looking great!

Daffycat said...

A lovely finish, Jen...congratulations!

You had me scared with the frogs for a second. But those are the good kind of frogs!

Cath said...

Lovely finish ,and the new project looks great . I think you should be ok with two strands on 36 count , but it will be full rather than gappy.

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on your finish. I love your next stitch - shall be looking forwarding to your progress pictures.

Justflo said...

Great finish, it'll look good when you have the 'sister' one done as well.. Yout Michael Powell is coming on . The back stitch certainly makes big differences with his designs. Think your gift from the other half is rather nice, like the colours.

Looks as if you are going to be over-run with frogs this year. At least they'll keep the garden pest down.

grannyanne said...

Great finish. Love the new design. I tend to go with the designer's suggestion when it comes to fabric count. It should have a luxurious finish to it. Looking forward to seeing it started.

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

Congratulations on your finish.I love open house !Witches Riding By is really gorgeous! I look forward to seeing your new starts !
Hugs Ingrid

Tammy said...

Great job on your finish. Can't wait to see your next one progress.

Mel said...

Love the finish.

And glad to see real frogs, not the stitching kind. :)

Carolyn NC said...

Lovely finish and stitching! Love the spring time pic!

LisaG said...

Some lovely stitching Jen & it was a pleasure to see actual frogs rather than hear about some stitching that you'd had to frog LOL