Monday 17 May 2010

Camp Wannasew

This weekend was spent away at the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. It takes about three hours to get there by car so I decided that some new in car stitching was required. So with the trip there and back and some lengthy times when there wasn't much doing, we were manning the Buffet car on one of the trains, I started, and almost finished, Camp Wannasew by Brooke Nolan, another Secret Needle Night project from August 2009.


I haven't decided if I should stick to calling the cabin 'Camp Wannasew' or to change the name so I haven't stitched that part. My DMC floss skeins also look a bit on the generous side so I might reduce them down.

Today I went to Manchester for a meeting. I travelled by train, but not the steam veriety, so that gave me an opportunity to get the handbag stitching out. This is the progress so far on the Stitcher's Favourite biscornu from The Sweetheart Tree.


This week on the rotation it is back to The Green Santa. This is where I left him.



6 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Love that project - great stitching!

Jules said...

Beautiful stitching progress! I love the froggy on the basket in Camp Wannesaw!!

Justflo said...

It's a good job your journey wasn't even further you'd have done a complete campsite....Looks good.... Biscornu looks interesting. Green Santa coming along. Soon be' that time of year' again.


Happy stitching to you.

Bekca said...

I love all the embellishments you've used on Camp Wannasew. I'm not sure if I could manage stitching in the car, I would struggle to focus on the chart!

Lesleyanne said...

Lucky you going to the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. I'm so jealous as it's really beautiful up there. Lovely stitching.

lenna said...

Jen ~
As usual your stitching is gorgeous and I don't know if I could stitch on a train either. As if, I had one to travel on.
I like your floss on Camp W. and the embellishments are cute, too.
You have made great progress on green Santa.
Take care and God Bless ~
Lenna