Friday 13 February 2009

Has anybody out there tried to use Jane Greenoff's Cross Stitch Pattern Creator 2? Well I have. Let's face it a lot of the problems I have had with it have probably been my own fault as I didn't do any of the the tutorials but instead dived straight in! OK the phrase 'Do as I say and not as I do' comes to mind as at work I am always saying to the kids, 'Have you read the instructions?'

Anyway, after trial and error I've eventually got to grips with it and my first efforts don't look too bad, even though I say so myself. So why put myself through this? I had decided to do one of the missing biscornus in a Native American Indian theme and set about adapting two charts from Joan Elliott's book 'Native American Cross Stitch'. The charts I chose were 'The heavens give us each a song' and 'Words are the voice of the heart'. This is what they ended up looking like.

Talking of biscornus, I have just spoken to the nice lady at Sew and So and they have the Just Nan 15 sided biscornu, due to be released in America on 26 February, on order, they have no idea of cost yet. This is a must have for the stash.


What with AOL aggro this post has taken ages to compose. I'm off for some thread sorting therapy in the stash room!

2 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Wow! You did an amazing job with your design program! They turned out beautifully!

The Purple Thread said...

I sort thread for therapy as well!!! And sometimes, organize my kits and charts....It is just that touching the creative things is lovely!