Thursday 5 February 2009

'Railway Weekend' ~ yes or no?


This is March at the end of stitching tonight. The rabbit, or is it a March hare? is complete except for the eye and a yellow beaded flower. The M of March is also complete with the other letters still needing beads.

This weekend should be a 'railway weekend' where we go to Llangollen in North Wales to do volunteer work on the Llangollen Steam Railway but with the bad weather forecast I am yet to make the decision to go or not. So, if I go, no posts until Sunday. Where do we stay when we have 'railway weekends'? Well, I am the owner of a railway carriage called, on the railway, 'The Six Wheeler'. This has been converted into living accommodation and has a bedroom, kitchen and living room. The carriage is about 36' long and about 8' wide. It has electricity, cold running water and wood burning stove and is really cosy, when it has warmed up! This is the only photo I could find of the interior, but it gives you the general idea.



I have taken many photos of the railway but I think that this is the best one.





1 comment:

Cindy F. said...

Pretty progress on your March piece:)
Love the inside of your carriage!
A few years ago, I worked with a guy who also owned a railway carriage and he and his wife traveled with a club or group constantly. Know anyone from San Antonio, TX??
Great pics!