Monday 23 February 2009

White Nights is go!

So today is THE BIG DAY.

Yesterday evening I sorted out all my silks and put them into Floss-A-Way bags. In fact, all the stuff for this project has gone into it's own special bag. Last week we went to York and guess what? There is a Cath Kidston shop there too, and the sale was still on! Mm, me thinks that book bag will do very nicely for storing the bits for White Nights, well that was my excuse.

Dispite having a date with Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends on Saturday I was able to finish the Snowmen Biscornu. The button is made of mother of pearl and it came out of the 1930s button box at Duttons for Buttons in York.

I think it is on the Basket of Biscornu where someone has photographed one of their biscornu on a mirror, to show bits of the underside, so I have given it a go. Please excuse the weired reflections on the photo.

Last week I also made some progress on 'The Red Santa'. The cross stitching is complete only the backstitching to do.

And finally, this is Thomas the Tank Engine himself, being given a well earned drink by his driver and fireman, before going to bed at the end of a very long day!

3 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Congrats on your beautiful biscornu finish!! It is adorable!
and wow! the Santa is amazing, even before the backstitching! Good job!

tintocktap said...

Gorgeous biscornu - love the photo on the mirror! Good luck with St Pete!

FIONA said...

Hi Jen,
Your blog is lovely and your work is just gorgeous! I particularly love your snowman biscornu! Well done!
Fiona x