Sunday 8 March 2009

This morning's task

Here are some photos of the way I have mounted all the Calendar Series pictures. Firstly I glue wadding to 1/4" thick mounting board (don't know the proper name as a nice young chap at the framers cuts it and sells it me for 50p a go). Then I centre, stretch and pin the work.

Next comes the lacing. I pull the pins out as I go because I always catch the lacing thread on them.


And finally ...

Then the fun bit is the staging for the final photo. Last weekend The Other Half bought two Thorntons chocolate rabbits. The only way I have stopped him from eating them is to say that I needed them for the April photo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, has the hubby eaten the bunnies yet, now that the photo's been taken? :)

April looks beautiful! Thank you for posting the directions on how you do that.

Andrea said...

Congratulations on a great finish.

Cindy F. said...

Good job! I love your April!